Wednesday, October 25, 2023

 

Encouragement                                                                                             10/17/2023

 

My Soul Waits for God Alone

      For God alone my soul waits in silence; from him comes my salvation (Psalm 62:1).

 

            When my thoughts are quiet, and my soul is at rest, he speaks to me through his Word.

 

I listen; for from him comes my salvation.

 

Nicodemus went to see Jesus one night. I guess he wanted to speak to him alone, without the crowds. There was much he wanted to ask him, but Jesus cut to the most important issue for him, “You must be born again.” When we come to our Lord, he cuts to the most important issue facing our lives. If your salvation is sure, then he will speak to us about our new life in him. Salvation secures us in the body of Christ. We belong to him. Our life, our identity, our purpose is in him.

The time Nicodemus spent with Jesus changed him forever. Our salvation changed our lives forever. Time spent with our Lord in his Word and in prayer makes us more like him in the eyes of the world.  

Jesus spoke and Nicodemus listened. The descriptions Jesus used Jesus explained. Jesus knew what Nicodemus needed to know and believe. God does that for us. He knows what we need to hear and what settles our heart.  

            Plan to wait for the Lord to speak to you. He will. Carry his word with you. He will take your worries, your cares and lift your burdens if you ask him. Trust him always; let your tears fall on him. 

For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him.

Amen.

 

 

 

                                                                        L. White

No comments:

Post a Comment